Not All People Food Is Suitable For Your Dog
As responsible pet owners, we all try to be vigilant about the food our dogs eat. There are times, however, that those sneaky rascals get into something and we are left wondering how toxic it may be. Here is a list of foods that are Poisonous for your dog:
- Chocolate: Chocolate can be extremely dangerous to dogs. The darkest more bitter chocolate is the most dangerous. White chocolate would have to be consumed in huge amounts to be dangerous. Chocolate poisoning can cause vomiting. diarrhea, lethargy, and could possibly lead to seizures and death. If your dog accidentally consumed some chocolate, please contact your veterinarian immediately.
- Onions Whether cooked or raw, onions can cause your dog to develop Hemolytic anemia, which is the abnormal breakdown of red blood cells. So take care when feeding that leftover pot roast!
- Grapes and RaisinsGrapes and raisins can really take a toll on your dogs digestive system. The worst part is that the amount of grapes or raisins that can cause illness varies greatly from dog to dog. If you suspect your dog has ingested grapes and/or raisins and is vomiting or has diarrhea, please notify your vet immediately.
- Alcohol Dogs cannot metabolize alcohol the way a human does, so even a small amount could lead to alcohol poisoning.
- Raw Fish Raw fish, especially salmon, can contain parasites. After consumption, the larvae can hatch in your dogs digestive tract and attach to the intestinal walls. Symptoms may not show up for a week, and unfortunately, can look like other diseases like parvo or distemper. If fish is part of your dogs diet, please make sure it is cooked thoroughly.
This is Just A Short List
There are many more things that are poisonous for your dog, but I tried to include the most commonly toxic. Your pet may have food sensitivities that may not be toxic, but can certainly cause discomfort for both pet and owner. Please take extra caution when allowing Fido or Fifi to have some people food.
Many commercial property owners are unaware that lack of proper maintenance can not only shorten the life of their roof. Many are surprised to find it can also void any manufacturer’s warranty they may have. All roofs are susceptible to the damaging effects of weather especially our scorching hot temperatures and heavy rain and hail storms here in Houston. Left unattended small problems, like minor leaks, poor adhesion, roof material cracking, can lead to much more serious problems. Small problems can turn into a unanticipated major expense. When moisture is allowed to get in the building and it is not immediately dried out and the source eliminated it creates the perfect environment for mold and rot. The easy solution for avoiding these type of problems is having the roof professionally inspected, at the very least on an annual basis. Texas Metal Roof Contractors(TMRC) offers a no obligation free annual inspection to commercial and industrial property owners. This helps prevents small problems from compounding growing into major expenses.
Don’t Replace When You Can Repair
In the case where commercial property owners have a roof that is showing signs of wear and tear and maybe close to the end of its useful life, TMRC can offer a cost efficient solution. As an American WeatherStar Approved Contractor repairing commercial roofing is one of our specialties. We use quality roofing and insulation products manufactured by American WeatherStar, a member of the Cool Roof Rating Council, always at the forefront of advancing roofing technology. These sealed systems offer the highest level of waterproofing and insulation in the industry, so when you use TMRC, you save money — and the environment — because your building requires less heating and cooling to maintain constant temperatures. Flat roof repair Houston
with the Met-A-Sil metal roof coating system is half the cost of roof replacement & its cool roof technology drastically reduces energy costs. We can restore and protect all types of commercial flat roofs including modified bitumen, built-up smooth, built-up gravel, EPDM, single-ply, spray foam, and concrete.
Metal Roofing Repair
TMRC also offers several options for restoring a metal roof Houston
, including fluid applied roofing systems from American WeatherStar (AWS). All of our metal roofing solutions offer:
• Proven UV Stability
• Stops Rust
• Seamless water-tight membrane
• Cool Roof = Cooler Building Interior
• Saves Energy Dollars
• No Business Interruption during application
• 100% Tax Deductible First Year
TMRC can provide also the continued maintenance care your roof will need to last for lifetime. To schedule a no obligation consultation go here –TMRC
There is almost nothing worse than coming home after a large storm, or even after just a little bit of rain, only to find out that you have water in your basement. The first thing you’ll need to do is remove the water as quickly as possible. If it’s more than you can do yourself you need to hire a water damage restoration contractor to come and do the water cleanup
and dry everything out. This is a problem that occurs in many homes in all different locales, and it occurs for different reasons as well. So many homeowners compound the damage by failing to get the water out right away. This almost always allows mold to take a foothold and grow adding the expense of a mold clean up
. It’s best to try and avoid basement flooding. There are a few ways you can try to ensure that your basement stays dry and your belongings are not ruined.
Find The Leak
The first thing you need to do is to determine the reason that you are getting water in your basement in the first place and where it is coming from. If you can pinpoint the location of the water leak, it will be easier to correct the problem and you won’t have a flooding problem again in the future. For example, if you find any cracks near a window or door, or in a foundation, you can seal them up to stop the intrusion by the water .
Seal The Foundation
Your whole foundation, on the other hand, may need to be sealed with a waterproof sealer that will provide a barrier keep the water staying where it belongs – outside. This is a rather messy job, but something you can handle yourself, and the good news is that it only needs to be done once in order to be effective.
Keeps Your Gutters Clean
Another way to protect your basement from damaging water is to inspect your guttering system. This consists of the gutters and downspouts that run along the roofline of your home and down the side of your home and are intended to funnel extra water off the roof and away from the foundation of the house. If these get clogged or are broken in any location, too much water winds up running down the side of your house, which can cause major problems with flooding in your basement.